Usage and Impact
Due to increased demand, the centre had to extend its hours and now opens 31 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours, to allow for those who work full time or rely on transport of those who work full time, to attend.
The centre currently provides support for over 270 service users ranging in age from 21yrs to 93yrs with the majority between 60 and 80 years of age with a gender split of 61% female and 39% male.
- 99% of clients agree or strongly agree that attending WBTC has had a positive impact on their health & wellbeing
- 95% of clients feel more relaxed and less stressed since attending WBTC
- 95% of clients feel fitter and stronger since attending WBTC
- 80% of clients feel that their walking has improved since attending WBTC
- 86% of clients feel that they’ve been able to cope better with daily tasks since attending WBTC
- 80% of clients feel that at least one of their health concerns have reduced since attending WBTC